Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week 2, on our Reader's "Cleansing Journey with ONE Coconut Water"

MY 21 DAY CLEANSING JOURNEY ON O.N.E. COCONUT WATER
WEEK 2
(not for the faint at heart)
by Mindy Goldis

June 14, 2009

I have now completed the second week of my cleanse. Where did the time go and yet, I feel so comfortable in this mode that food doesn't really matter to me anymore. I feel that I can live on coconut water and stevia water. This is what can happen when you are on a long term fast or cleanse. There are those that may not have the will-power and strength I do to overcome the need to consume food on an every day basis. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I don't like food, but at this point I feel like I enjoy non-eating more than eating. The thoughts of food are still in my head, as I have even had dreams about food. By the way, I went to Whole Foods Market the other day to purchase 2 large seeded watermelons that I will consume for the initial few days after I complete this cleanse. Honestly, I look forward to that day, which is the 22nd of April.

Now, I would like to discuss with you more about some of the things that I have experienced this week, as my body is continuing in its detoxification mode. Without a doubt, the consumption of coconut water and stevia water, has helped me tremendously to be able to keep going on a day to day basis. I, for one, tend to take it easy when it comes to exercising while doing my cleanse. I do walk every day, but not at the pace I usually do when I am eating (although, if I needed to run across the street to make the light, I could do so without feeling tired or winded). I tend to give my body a complete rest and don't feel troubled by the fact that I am doing this. When the time comes, I will return to my regular, more intense workout regime.

I mentioned in the last post, that people experience various symptoms as the body is purging what it doesn't need. You have to remember the phrase, “garbage in, garbage out.” If you put something in your body, mind, etc. then it has to find its way out, eventually and it isn't always a pretty site (so to speak). This isn't my way to discourage you from ever trying what I have been doing for many years (again, I would say to start doing a 1 day fast for a while and increase in increments that feel comfortable to you), but it is a reality check and makes you think a bit more about the choices you make of what you eat in your daily life. If I don't want to go through all that “suffering,” later on, I will choose wisely when I do eat. I still believe that the body needs to detox/cleanse from the harmful things around us (even if we eat the best foods on the planet and live in the ideal climate, etc) that may not even be physical at all.

Now, getting back to those symptoms, the ones I have experienced this week (and you may, as well) were excessive ear wax, unpleasant underarm odor, achy/sore joints, feeling sluggish/lethargic/low energy/tired, little/no elimination (not to worry, as the body knows what it needs to due and as it continues to heal other areas, this function will return – and I do not feel like I am bloated or constipated in any way), low body heat/feel cold and need more sleep. I don't look at any of these as negatives and instead I stick with the program and accept them without attaching any feelings and then it makes it easier to continue. All I know, is that these will go away soon, as my body/mind continue to do their necessary “housecleaning” and then will be eliminated forever. That is a wonderful thing!

On the flip side, I see quite a few positive things that have occurred for me during these 2 weeks. I find that my mind is sharper and my thoughts are clearer, as I am not needing to put energy into digesting and assimilating food. I also have the time for more internal contemplation and thereby have be able to come up with some wonderful new ideas for projects I will be working on in the near future. I have saved time by not needed to go shopping, bring home the food and then prepare it. Given our economic times (which I don't let get to me in any way, shape or form) I have saved quite a bit of money, too. One of the biggest “pluses” for me, is giving my body the time it needs to heal. When you are constantly processing and using energy to digest food, the body doesn't have as much time to truly get well. I like the fact that I get to sleep more and even take naps or rest if and when I need to. Another wonderful health bonus is that there is no food to process and you are restricting calories, thereby increasing your longevity. This is true, because you are not “using up” energy to process food or doing intense exercise that also requires energy. What this does, is make your body more efficient and your heart rate slows and your blood pressure goes down, as well. I also love the fact that I have time to “purge” my stuff, both inside my body and also the things in my home that I don't need. I always feel lighter knowing that I can get rid of items I have been holding onto that don't serve any purpose for me anymore. A few other physical benefits are loss of toxic weight, clearer skin and a more youthful appearance.

All in all, I would have to say, that I am very satisfied with my results so far in the 2 weeks I have been cleansing. Thank you to O.N.E. Coconut Water for their great product that has sustained me thus far and for allowing me to share with you my experiences.

The final installment of the journey will be next week and I would also like to follow-up/share with my transition back into eating with watermelon and other foods.

Until next week.....

With Love and Gratitude,

Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beautytm

We welcome any reader suggestions/comments on your own fasts/cleanses!

1 comment:

Junghwa said...

Hi!
My name is Junghwa Chung and I'm the owner of An Apple A Day blog at http://blueskyworld.wordpress.com. I was wondering if you guys would like to donate your products for me to review and giveaway on my blog. I would love to try them and let my readers know more about them. My blog is dedicated towards fitness, nutritional food information and overall healthy living tips. Hence advertising your products through my blog will be very beneficial for your company. Thanks!

-Junghwa