Monday, June 29, 2009

MY 21 DAY CLEANSING JOURNEY ON O.N.E. COCONUT WATER- Week 3

MY 21 DAY CLEANSING JOURNEY ON O.N.E. COCONUT WATER
WEEK 3
(not for the faint at heart)
by Mindy Goldis
June 21, 2009

As I finish this cleanse on the first day of summer, I contemplate what has really propelled me to be able to sustain myself for 3 weeks on only coconut water (from O.N.E.) and stevia water. I realized that whenever I am coming up to my next quarterly cleanse, I write down in my Day Planner when I plan to begin. By doing that, I create a mindset that knows it will happen and when. It doesn't hurt that I'm self-motivated and have tremendous will power. For those who don't, the best thing to do is start slowly and build up to where it becomes easy for you. I started with only a 1 day a week fast 5 years ago and I still do that year round. Sometimes, I am amazed at my energy level and find that I am doing things, you wouldn't expect me to be able to, like moving my stove and fridge so I can clean behind them (and they sure needed it!).

An important point I would like to make, is that coconut water does have natural sugar and as such, it is a good idea to rinse your mouth out with water so as not to allow the sugars to build up in your teeth and gums. You can also have some stevia water (since it isn't sugar and it happens to be anti-bacterial). The coconut water is highly beneficial to keeping your mineral intake up while you are cleansing/fasting, but you do not want to incur any problems with your gums or teeth.

I find that when I come closer to the end of my cleanse and even on the last day, I am not ready to start eating food again. When I do eat, my body has to readjust itself and the shift needs to be slow and easy.
I will post a follow up blog, in a week to share with you my journey back to eating/processing/digesting food.

Some other things I'd like to share with you about fasting. It does not cure disease, rather it allows the body to become 100% efficient at healing itself. Since the body is not overburdened by food, the internal organs have a chance to rest and rehabilitate. The enhancement of the vital internal power, allows the body to flush out toxic poisons and waste that have been stored in the body for years. Fasting has been done since the dawn of time, if you peruse the Bible or any other holy books, prophets have fasted for spiritual enlightenment and a closer connection with the Divine.

I'd like to reiterate and also add some other benefits to fasting/cleansing. You will find that it hones and sharpens your mental faculties. It improves the organs involved in mastication, digestion, assimilation and elimination of food. The liver, which is typically the most abused organ, has a chance to rehabilitate, gain vitality and function more efficiently after you finish your fast. All of the senses become more keen and raised to a higher level both during and after the fast. Your circulation will improve and endurance stamina and strength are increased. The mind becomes more alert and receptive to living a sensible healthy lifestyle and it can be so powerful that it can take control over your body (mind over matter). In doing so, it becomes the master (if you keep with a program that achieves the ultimate health) and you can maintain this for the rest of your life.

Fasting instills personal confidence.
Fasting gives a person a positive mental attitude.
Fasting promotes tranquility of mind and a “glow” of well-being that nothing else can offer.
Fasting renovates, revives and purifies every one of the trillions of cells that make up the body (and every 7 years all your cells are completely re-newed, so imagine what you can achieve, especially in the realm of anti-aging).
FASTING IS THE HIGH ROAD TO INTERNAL PURITY!

Again, I want to thank the O.N.E. company, for their support in giving me the platform to share my experiences with you. I am very happy to have met the O.N.E. family personally and share a passion for their wonderful products (they are wonderful people. too!). I hope you will take the time to try their coconut water, as well as, their other products.

With Love and Gratitude,

Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beautytm

**Please note that this experience is one person's testimony. These statements have not been checked by the FDA, nor do they represent One Natural Experience.
For questions, please write us at: info@onedrinks.com

No comments: