Wednesday, June 10, 2009

O.N.E. Reader's Cleansing Journey with O.N.E. Coconut Water

MY 21 DAY CLEANSING JOURNEY ON O.N.E COCONUT WATER
(not for the faint at heart)
by Mindy Goldis

June 7, 2009

I began my 21 cleanse 7 days ago and this time I am doing it on coconut water and filtered water, too. I am using O.N.E. coconut
water, exclusively. I probably need to back track, so you know my history. I have been doing fasts/cleanses since 2004 and have experimented with many different ones, from apple cider vinegar and distilled water, to the master cleanser, to the modified master cleanser that I have created and also my own cleanse with filtered water for the first week, water with stevia added on the 2nd week and finally the 3rd week, I would add coconut water. I have done from 10 – 28 days, but i don't recommend anyone do this so quickly. One day a week on a water fast or coconut water, is good to give you digestive system a break, so your body can truly heal.

I learned more about doing a coconut water cleanse from a book that was given to me by Rodrigo, the owner of O.N.E. It is a great read and I highly recommend it to any and all who want to know more about the amazing benefits of coconut water. It is called, “Coconut Water for health and healing,” by Dr. Bruce Fife. The information on a coconut water detox is in chapter 8, starting on page 155, with the actual information for how to do the fast, starting on the bottom of page 164.

Now, I would like to share with you my experiences for the 1st week of my cleanse and subsequently, I will fill you in at the end of the 2nd and 3rd weeks. For most people, when then start a long term fast/cleanse, the first few days are the hardest to get over the hunger pangs and some of the detox effects, such as headache, nausea, etc. I did not have that this time, at all. Actually, the first day, I did a dry fast with nothing at all (again, don't try this on your own, if you have never done any fasting before) and then on the second day, I starting to drink coconut water and filtered water with stevia (which as a naturally sweet leaf that doesn't affect your blood sugar levels, but adds vitamins and minerals to the water). I have had about 5 and 1/2 cups of coconut water a day and also, as much water as I have needed, which I would say is about an additional 6-7 cups. For the most part I have felt fine, as I am getting minerals from the coconut water and the stevia (the best source for this is organic green powder available from mtroseherbs.com or whole leaf concentrate liquid from wisdomherbs.com).

There have been occasions during the last 7 days where I felt a bit sluggish and low in energy (that is because my body is cleansing), so I have taken the time to rest and/or had some more coconut and/or stevia water to drink. The most important thing when you are on a cleanse, is to listen to your body. Since I have had many years of experience with cleansing and fasting, I know what to do and I can also be available to others who are interested in pursuing this, as a means to help their body to heal itself. You can send me an email: mindy.goldis@gmail.com and I will be happy to consult with you and also can be available to spend the time with you, if you need the personal attention to be able to “stick with” a program.

I look forward to posting again in 1 week, to give you more insight into my 21 day cleansing journey. I continue to persevere in my life long goals of finding the ultimate way of pristine health and ultimately happiness. I am proud to have discovered such a great company in O.N.E. and I hope you will take the time to try their coconut water and other products.

With Luv and Gratitude

Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beauty

No comments: