10 Reasons to Drink O.N.E. Coconut Water Daily
America’s New Favorite Drink Provides a Health Boost at Every Age and Stage
March 2010, Los Angeles, California -- O.N.E Coconut Water is the #1 selling beverage in its category for 2009 and touted as one of the Top 100 Products to Watch in 2010 by the global marketing company JWT. Here’s how it benefits adults and children alike and why it should be a staple in every American household:
1. Perfect Hydration: Water from the young green coconut is nature’s perfect isotonic beverage and optimum hydrator. At every age and stage of our lives, there are times when stress on our system causes us to become dehydrated. Illness, exercise, environment, pregnancy, aging, over-drinking – all cause us to lose the essential electrolytes found in our blood naturally. We need to replace them regularly to prevent headaches, muscle cramping, fatigue, and to help our heart, nerves and muscles to function optimally. O.N.E. Coconut Water contains all five electrolytes found in the blood including calcium, sodium, phosphorous, magnesium and potassium.
2. It’s 100 % PURE: O.N.E. Coconut Water has ONE ingredient! There are NO additives at all: no corn syrup, added sugar or artificial sweeteners; no metal contaminants; no dyes; no caffeine; no preservatives; no colorings and no concentrates. It is fat and cholesterol free and contains no wheat, gluten or other food allergens. Packaged straight from the coconut into airtight aseptic Tetra Pak cartons, it stays fresh and protected from the destabilizing effects of light and oxygen for 10 months.
3. Optimum Body Functioning: Unlike tropical juices and many brands of bottled water, coconut water is alkaline --it soothes and balances our systems. By improving the absorption of all nutrients--vitamins, minerals and amino acids, it allows the body to digest with greater efficiency. As a result, it reduces the occurrence of constipation, relieves stress on the pancreas and enzyme systems, regulates sodium and supports kidney function. Animal studies show that coconut water consumption reduces plaque formation in the arteries which in turn reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. There is also evidence to suggest that it promotes healthy blood pressure levels and cardiovascular function.
4. Super Support During Pregnancy and Lactation: Pregnancy isn’t easy on a woman’s body-- morning sickness, heartburn, weight gain, constipation, stretch marks and fluid retention are all related to poor hydration, which is why The Institute of Medicine recommends ten cups of fluid per day. Coconut water is an ideal source of hydration, improving circulation, digestion, and Ph balance. Since fluids improve skin elasticity, the chances of stretch marks are diminished. Additionally, fluids aid in the absorption of water-soluble vitamins like ascorbic acid and the B vitamins which are crucial to fetal development. Doctors recommend 13 cups of fluid daily for lactating women, making coconut water a natural all-purpose option.
5. An Essential Aid When Kids Are Sick: When infants and children vomit or have diarrhea from intestinal flu or other stomach ailments, they too lose precious essential electrolytes which must be replaced rapidly to prevent dehydration. Many pediatric drinks contain dyes and are high in sugar which poses other health issues. O.N.E. Coconut Water has a refreshing natural taste without added sugars, a plus since pediatricians (and legislators) now recommend parents reduce the amount of sweetened drinks their children consume to help them develop a taste for non-sweetened beverages.
6. Revitalizes the Elderly: Dehydration in the aged is a growing concern for doctors. An overall lack of proper diet is a typical syndrome with the elderly and this includes a lack of adequate fluid intake which impacts circulation and blood pressure. Many older people are also taking drugs that increase urine output which in turn increases dehydration. The loss of minerals and carbohydrates exacerbates a host of other issues, including glaucoma, so a daily dose of coconut water benefits the aging in myriad ways.
7. The Definitive Sports Drink: O.N.E. Coconut Water is excellent for naturally replacing electrolytes and glucose lost during exercise, especially potassium which regulates sodium in the body. Potassium positively affects circulation, body temperature, heart function and blood pressure-- issues related to extreme levels of exercise. O.N.E. Coconut Water contains 15 times the potassium of most sports drinks and two times more than a banana! And, because it promotes rapid absorption by speeding fluids to the muscles, it keeps athletes, and anyone who exercises, fully refreshed for practice and performance.
8. An Indispensable Travel Companion: Coconut water rehydrates during travel all year long. Light weight Tetra Pak cartons slip into a handbag or backpack effortlessly, making them easy to take anywhere. For those with existing circulatory problems and swollen limbs, potassium is especially crucial during air travel. In fact, The American Medical Association found that beverages containing electrolytes and carbohydrates are more effective than water for Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), making O.N.E. Coconut Water a great beverage to drink just before boarding a plane (you can find O.N.E. Coconut Water at airports across the country, including JFK and LAX).
9. A Natural Beauty Boost: Coconut water keeps skin soft, supple and smooth by hydrating naturally at the cellular level. It is known to relieve dry itchy skin and can even be used on a cotton ball as a toner to soothe and refresh. The use of a chemical and additive-free beauty aid is also a huge benefit to the body.
10. A Hangover Helper: Alcohol is a diuretic which depletes minerals needed for the body to function normally. It also causes acids to accumulate in the stomach and intestines which inflames the stomach lining resulting in heartburn. The alkaline Ph of coconut water soothes the digestive tract and helps the liver and kidney filter out toxins. O.N.E. Coconut Water quickly replenishes electrolytes and increases hydration, a life-saver when suffering from the ill-effects of consuming too much alcohol.
And finally, because we couldn’t stop at 10....
11. O.N.E. Coconut Water is socially responsible. O.N.E., One Natural Experience, is committed to the environment through its packaging and via a business model which promotes global sustainability. O.N.E. also supports community outreach, and as such has partnered with Healthy Child, Healthy World, a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting children and families from harmful environmental exposure through cleaner and greener lifestyles.
One Natural Experience (O.N.E™) is the premier, all-natural beverage company established in 2005 by Rodrigo Veloso—a visionary instrumental in creating a whole new category of functional beverage in the U.S.
O.N.E.™ ready-to-drink products are alternatives to artificial sports/energy drinks, sodas and enhanced waters, fortifying adults and children alike with unparalleled effectiveness. Their award winning and #1 selling coconut water is fast-becoming recognized as America’s healthiest beverage for providing enhanced hydration, essential nutrition and all five essential electrolytes (calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and sodium). O.N.E.™ drinks are packaged in environmentally friendly TetraPak cartons underscoring the company’s deep commitment to the Earth. O.N.E.™ supports several nonprofit organizations—most importantly Healthy Child Healthy World (www.healthychild.org).
O.N.E. ™ is available in over 14,000 retail outlets including Whole Foods, Publix, Kroger Stores, Cost Plus World Markets and on Amazon.com. O.N.E. Coconut Water is available in two sizes: 11.2 oz (SRP $1.99) and 1 Liter (SRP $4.59).
PRESS INQUIRIES: JANE BERK PUBLIC RELATIONS
Contact: Jane Berk firstname.lastname@example.org 310-903-1351 or Deborah Berger email@example.com 646.391.0352